Chapter 2

2035 Words
《Nathan Harrison》 I was looking for my crush everywhere but I couldn’t see her. Man, I really need to see her beautiful face…oh…there she is. "Ooo Sasha~" I was so happy when bumped into her on my way back to my dorm. As usual she was with her other best friends and guess what, Seth wasn’t here with her. Woohoo...I think I’ll get my only chance to try make her to love me back. Okay, I know you guys might think that I’m a bad guy for trying to steal someone else girlfriend…but hey, I was in love with her since we were kids and it was before they become a couple. "Ugh... please Nathan! I really don't have time for you." She groaned annoyingly. Cecilia who was walking beside her struggle hard not to laugh with the situation, while Bella…she just remained silent, as usual. Um...whatever. "Hey dope!" My best friend, Seth Pearson suddenly approached me from the girls behind. "Stop chasing my girlfriend, will you?" Ughh….why he always here to ruin everything…my only chance. "Nope...I will not." Sasha quickly walks closer to me, maybe she wants to give me a hug because she starts to like me, or even...a k-kiss. My eyes automatically closed as I was waiting for her kiss…the thing that I have wait it for so long, but apparently she jabbed me hard on my stomach. "Ouch...that's...so...hurt." I cried in pain while rubbed my hurting stomach. "Don't be such a kid, Nathan." Sasha then poked my forehead. "You're so stubborn, you know,” she then crossed her arms while glaring at me. "Okay...I'm sorry." I replied while still endured the pain that was hurting like hell. "Come on, dope," Seth puts his hand around my shoulder. "Let's go for the practice. Mr Goodman may wait for us, now." "B-but...I'm hurt." I tried to weigh my body so he couldn't drag me along to the field. "Nope... It's just for a while. You'll get better soon." He insisted. "Oh please...you're too weak, dope. Just come on!" Seth put me into a headlock and dragged me towards the basketball court while the girls were following us from behind. "Hey hedgehog...let me go." I was struggling to get away from him. "You're embarrassing me!" "It's a punishment for chasing my girl all the time." He said annoyingly. "Oh come on...let me off!" But it was hopeless because all of my teammates were laughing as soon as we entered the court with me still in Seth’s headlock. Oh no...I’m sure they will tease me non-stop after this for being weak over this jerk-friend, Seth. “Nice job, Seth,” Sam, one of our close friends messed up my hair while I was under Seth’s headlock. “Alright team!” Our coach approached us at the center of the court but he stopped his paces as soon as he saw me and Seth. “You finally tame that blondie, goodjob Seth.” His words totally made all of our team members burst out of laughter. “Not you too, coach…” I complained along with a sig "Thanks for coming today's practice my youth, students..." Mr Goodman, or usually I called him Mr Bushy Brows because of his weird looking eyebrows greeted us. He's very tall and a very tough man, but he is a bit annoying something. His favorite student, Henry Lee, who also shares the same looks as he, is my best friend also one year older with me. He seems a quite stronger, faster and also the biggest idiot than me. I was in the basketball team, along with my friends, Scott, a genius, but lazy like a bulldog, since he always taking a nap wherever the places that he goes, Sam, the squishy one, Seth, my jerk-best friend, and Henry , my idiotic senior. For the next week, my team will be going for a tournament at the other university which I couldn't remember its name. I may a bit slow in studying, but I am also unpredictable or known as the most surprising guy in my university. All the girls in my university are crazier about my teammates and of course me too, because... um... well... I really don't want to self-praise but, my teammates and I are the hottest guys in this university. They are trying to flirt with us whenever we go to somewhere, even some of them also gave us a lot of gifts no matter what kind of day that is, especially on the valentine's day. "Okay guys...I need you to warm yourself up before we start our practice." Mr Goodman instructed us. "Yes Coach!" We said in unison. We were playing perfectly and I was about to shoot the ball when I got distracted with the girls’ laughter from the bleachers across the court. The girls were none other than Sasha, Cecilia and the Bella who really caught my attention. I wasn’t sure why, but she really did catch my attention. Wait…she changed her hair style which used to be long silky straight to a bit short wavy hair. She looks so nice though and really gorgeous. "Owww...that's really hurt." I winced in pain as I got hurt from playing the basketball. I didn't notice that my right shoe lace was loosen that cause me tripped when I tried to shoot the ball. "Please don't move too much, Nathan." Bella, the bronze hair that has a pair of grey eyes quickly examined my foot. But wait, when did she get here? Woahh…that was so fast. "Is it broken?" I asked her while winced in pain. She giggles, "No, Nathan. You just sprained your foot. It's not that bad, actually." Woah...I really didn't notice that she giggle so cutely. It made my heart totally skipped a beat. “Bella, if you won’t mind will you take him to the infirmary?” My coach asked for Bella’s help. “Sure, I won’t mind,” she quickly replied. “Come Nathan, I’ll take you to the infirmary, before your foot starts swollen,” she offers her hand so she could help me to stand on my feet. "Thanks, Bella,” I accepted her offer and carefully put her arm around my waist and my left arm on her shoulder. "I-it's what a friend used for, Nathan," she gave me a cunning smile. "Besides, I'm really glad to help you, actually." As I predicted, she is indeed really a nice girl and even made sure that I wasn’t hurt more while heading there. To be honest, I have never been so close to her before...and her scent, smells so nice, like a flower...lavender to be exact and it does really suits with her, actually. "Nathan," she snapped me out of my mind while were slowly heading to the infirmary. "Y-yeah..." Oh, she was about my shoulder level when she stood beside me. That’s cute…*laughs*…man what I’m thinking! "Are you okay? Why are you so quiet all of sudden?" her voice once more snapped me out from my weird thoughts. I curve a smile for her, "N-no...nothing. I'm fine, actually." She smiles back beautifully, "Okay, we are almost there..." Seriously,already? I wish I could stop the time so I could be with her like this...eh...what am I saying?' Are you crazy Nathan? Don't you love Bel...I mean Sasha? Arghh...this is so confusing...What is happening to me right now?                                                                                        * She helped me to get back to my dorm after the nurse at the infirmary gave me the proper treatment. I really do owe her so much for helping me today. It was been 2 hours and since I got here and my roommate still didn’t return yet. Maybe he went out dating with Sasha while I was laying here with a sprain foot. That was surely‘nice’! My phone rang when I was about to play with my PS Vita and it was from my beautiful mom. Me: Good evening, my lady. My mom: *laugh* Good evening, darling. How's your day, Nathan? Me: U-um...It's good actually. My mom: Nathan...! Me: What mom, I'm fine really. My mom: Don't lie to me...I know you're lying to me. I know you too well, son. Me: Fine...actually, I got hurt while training after class today. Sorry for lying to you, mom. My mom: *gasp* What...poor my baby. Is it still hurt? Do you want me to come to see you right now? Me: Nooo...mom. This is the reason why I don't want to tell you, because you'll be panic all over and do something stupid like this. My mom: Son... I think I just slip the tongue. Me: *gulp* I'm sorry mom. Please don't come. It's already late, besides the injury wasn't so bad after all. Bella already helped me to treat it. My mom: Bella helped you? Why did she sound excited when I mentioned Bella's name? Me: Mom...please. She's just my friend...and I really in love with Sasha, nothing can change that. My mom: *sigh* But I like her, Nathan. She's very kind and gentle too. Me: Yeah, I know. But still, she's just my friend. Not more than that. My mom: If you say so...oh before I forget, I want to tell you that your father and I will go to New York this weekend. So you don't have to return home this week. Me: New York? Oh man...I want to go there too. It's been a long time now since we went for our holiday. My mom: Nathan, we are not going for a holiday... your father has a meeting there. But I promise, when we have time, we will take you for a holiday, anywhere you want to go. Me: Promise? My mom: I promise Me: Alright...thanks mom. My mom: Anything for my baby. Me: *laugh* I love you mom. Say hi to dad okay? My mom: I will. Love you too, son. We both hung up the phone and the world suddenly became silent. I looked up at the ceiling with my unpleasant feeling. I wasn’t sure why, but I feel so uneasy about them. I feel like, they want to go to a place that is too far for me to follow. It’s totally nonsense. I'm really sure that they will never leave me alone here, because I know that they love me so much...and I love them too. I looked through my phone gallery, smiling alone while looking at my family pictures. I felt so grateful to have parents like them. I admitted that they're the best parents in the world and I love them so much. * “NO….MOM, DAD!” It was dark in here, I don’t know where currently I am but it was cold. Plus, I heard my parents were screaming for my name as they were in scared or something. So that was why I ended up screamed for them too. I walked slowly towards the small light, but my paces stopped as I saw my parent’s figure right in front of me. They both were crying and I don’t know what happened until a voice suddenly called for my name. "Hey Nathan, wake up!” “Mom….d-dad,” I tried to reach for my parents but the sudden pain on my forehead suddenly woke me up from my sleep. “Wow that was really hurt, dude,” “What were you dream about, dude, screaming like a girl like that?” I sat on my bed while rubbing my forehead, “I don’t know man, but it was so weird.” “Come on dude, that was just a dream,” he then threw me my towel right on my bed. “Go get ready. See you in class…later.”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD