CHAPTER 2: The Surprised Proposal

3009 Words
Zach had asked Ella's three best friends regarding what to do on his marriage proposal. He also asked for some pointers from his three best friends. They had planned to have it on their 6th monthsary and masked it as a get together of ZING brothers and BING sisters. As Zach informed his mother to discretely make the necessary preparations for their wedding via video call, she was very happy. Mommy Violeta immediately told her husband when her conversation with Zach ended, "It seems that Zach and Bri have already found a solution to stop Papa's scheming. Your son already told me he and Bri had already verbally agreed to have a secret wedding in the chapel of Almeda Estate. But your son will still have to propose formally. He has been asking their friends for a perfect marriage proposal idea." Daddy Alexander responded, "That is good news! But it seems that Papa has also ordered some of his men to follow us around, hon. So you need to be very careful about planning for their wedding. Since their friends already know about their relationship, then you might as well involve them." Mommy Violeta acknowledged, "Yes, they will. They are all willing to accompany Bri with all the planning. Gwyn and Vin will even pretend that they were the bride and groom as they go through all the details." Daddy Alexander stated, "Papa will definitely be furious once he finds out." Mommy Violeta said, "He can only find out when Zach and Bri are already married." Daddy Alexander affirmed, "Yes. Up to now, his men are still unable to have concrete evidence about their relationship. Zach and Bri had kept their true feelings for each other for almost eight years. So it has been easy for them to mask their relationship as their usual friendship," and then asked, "Does Gina know already?" Mommy Violeta replied, "Yes. Zach had already informed her. She and her family will come home on the week of their wedding. Zach and Ella knew that they were still being followed by Lolo Delfin's men wherever they went. Zach had already hired a security team for Ella, just to guard her safety in the background. She had gained much more prominence when she was included on Vienburg's Annual Billionaire's List which was released in early June. " In Zach's mind – I need to protect you, my queen. Your success might invite those wrong people to take advantage of your carefree life. I already asked my head of security to assign people to protect you as you go through all of your scheduled activities. Geoff might have mentioned that you knew some self-defense moves because you and him had attended Kung Fu lessons when you were younger. Dad and Mom had assigned security personnel for me when I was still in college. But I had already hired my own since I started ZING Technology. I might be skilled in taekwondo but they have been around as backup. June 21, 2016. Monday. That evening, Ella went to the base for their game practice. Before they started, the five of them had a meeting at Zach's office. Zach informed her, "I had assigned security personnel to guard you in the background as you go around the city for all your endeavors, sweet. You can still go on with your unrestrained life without us worrying about your safety. You have gained much more prominence when you have been included on Vienburg's Annual Billionaire's List. So we need to put security details in place. Here are their personal information." Zach had handed her the six people who would be alternately keeping her safe in the background. Geoff suggested, "I also think that you need to buy a new vehicle. We can already trade your old car. Buy something with more reliable safety features." Ella responded, "Do we really need all these kinds of protection for me?" Nate was the one who answered, "Of course, it is needed, Ella. Being on that list is a big deal. But it also means that you can attract all sorts of wrong people who might take advantage of your unrestrained life. Your private residence is very safe, coz the four of us made sure in the past to choose a good community and to install all of the security features in your condominium unit." Irvin added, "We are even updating such security systems regularly. We will also be installing some security software and gadgets on the new vehicle that you will purchase, Miss Billionaire." Ella just remarked casually, "It is really very difficult time to handle four overprotective brothers! I thought I already had one. But I got four and then the other one has been an overprotective boyfriend." Geoff pointed out, "Zach is just doing his best to protect you and I agree with that. He is still being so considerate of your lifestyle, just allowing the security team to just be in the background. I prefer much stricter security details for you but he reminded me that you might not like it." Ella then declared, "I will agree on all of these security details and a new vehicle but, I have to pay. Heart, you should send me the details of the compensation of these people protecting me. I will reimburse you. The four of you could also start looking for cars suitable for me. But I don't want it to be so flashy." Irvin immediately said, "We have already prepared a list. Zach and I can accompany you anytime you are free. Just notify us." Ella reply, "I am available anytime convenient for the two of you." Zach then said, "Tomorrow, before lunch break. We will fetch you at your office and then we can have lunch together, sweet." Ella responded, "That will be fine with me, heart." Geoff expressed, "I will also go. My schedule won't be full at that time." Nate declared, "Then I will also go. So that we will all be complete." June 22, 2016. Tuesday. As scheduled, the ZING brothers had fetched her from her workplace. They were all boarding Zach's SUV and the front seat beside the driver's seat was reserved for her. Zach, in the driver's seat, helped her out with the seatbelt as he usually did. Nate teased them, "Don't the two you even kiss even on the cheeks as you meet?" Ella said, "We are always being watched so we are very careful." Geoff then commented, "Things will be different soon." Ella asked, "Why?" The three chorused, "Secret!" The three were not aware that Ella had initially proposed already. It might just be an informal one, but it would give Mommy Violeta to make the preparations for their wedding, which they had already agreed to have by August 7, their seventh monthsary. Ella then told them, "Anyway, I already asked our chef at the main restaurant to prepare all of your favorites for lunch and set them up at the outdoor dining area by the rooftop garden. Irvin remarked, "You are really the best, Ella!" Nate added, "Good thing Geoff and I decided to come also. Or else these two will be the only ones to enjoy a sumptuous lunch." At the auto company, Ella had settled to purchase an SUV, the latest model of Land Rover Discovery Sport with foldable third row seats. The exterior color was firenze red metallic while the interior colors were glacier and lunar with partial leather seat trim. July 7, 2016 . Thursday. After the team practice, Ella was so surprised to see that her bedroom suite was transformed into a romantic set up with pink heart balloons by the ceiling and lots of pink roses on the floor. The flower delivery of roses was assumed by the other occupants of the base as coming from the secret admirer of their Boss Lady. Ella was not aware that her three best friends had already arranged to receive them on her behalf while she was having team practice. The three of them had also transformed her bedroom suite into a perfect romantic marriage proposal venue. Their six other members of ZING/BING group were all present, capturing the moments with their phone cameras either by photo or video as Zach knelt down on one knee and had his formal proposal. ZING and Ginger dressed up with groom and bride costumes were also there. Zach said, "Everyday I thank the Lord that I was able to meet someone like you. I also thank HIM so much for the gift of our mutual love. You are not just a girlfriend to me. Through the years, you have been a very good friend that I can always count on, a reliable confidant whom I can freely talk to about my problems, a teammate who has experienced all the hardships and tribulations with us, and a sister who reprimands me when I am doing something wrong. Today, I knelt down here to ask you to play another role in my life, that is to be my wife for life. Will you marry me, my one and only queen?" Ella was so overjoyed , "Of course, I will marry you, my one and only king. Zach put the ring on her left ring finger, then stood up, and then kissed her lips. Ella teased him, "But don't forget that I asked you first." Zach smiled and lightly and playfully pinched her nose while their six companions chorused, "You did?!" Zach confirmed it, "Yes," and then expounded, "We were talking in passing about my intention to marry her when she is already prepared for it. I told her that my parents had already talked to Tita Gina and Geoff about such a possibility. I also mentioned that if we are already married then we can already freely stay together and Lolo Delfin will not be able to break us up." Ella added, "So I told him that we should get married soon. He took out this ring case and said that he had even been ready with the engagement ring and planned to have a grand marriage proposal, but I had beaten him again into asking just like when he had his planned love confession. So I told him not to do it yet and just surprised me. So I wasn't expecting him to pop up the question formally tonight on our 6th monthsary because we are here at the base." Nikki informed, "Mommy Vi and Daddy Lex are watching now." Irish said, "Tita Gina and her family are also watching. We have them all in video conferencing" Tita Gina said, "We will definitely attend your wedding in August." Ella was so happy, "I really hope so, Tita. I really wish that you will be here." Tita Gina stated, "We will be there. I and my husband will walk you down the aisle." Mommy Violeta then said, "I already reserved the chapel and the restaurant for the event. Your family and friends will all be accommodated at the hotel at Almeda Estate for that weekend. As for the other schedules, I have already sent the list to Gwyn, she will pretend as the bride and Irvin will pretend as the groom. We will not have any invitation anyway. Instead, we will have a few copies of the entire wedding entourage. Your Tita and her husband will also be a pair of principal sponsors along with my brother and his wife. If the two of you still want to add up more principal sponsors, then just notify me." Zach answered, "We will be adding up any more sponsors, Mom. I know that our secrets will be safe with our Almeda side of the family. As for my siblings, you just need to require them to attend and let them just know the truth during the day of the wedding itself." Daddy Alexander imparted, "Your Lolo Vic and Lola Carmen are so happy about it. You don't even have to pay for the venue, reception and accommodation. They said that it will be their wedding gift to the two of you." In Zach's mind – This event will be much happier if only Lolo Delfin will already forego of his obsession of my pre-arranged marriage with Kelsey. I have other cousins anyway. He could still Kelsey as a granddaughter-in-law but not just through me. I also want him and Lola Armina to witness my wedding with the lady I love. Ella noticed the sudden silence of Zach, so she thoughtfully asked him, "Why did you suddenly become silent, heart? We can still have Lolo Delfin and Lola Armina in our wedding." Mommy Violeta said, "We already told Mama Armina about your wedding. She felt that it would be best not to tell Papa Delfin yet. The last time she talked to him regarding giving up the pact about the pre-arranged marriage between Kelsey and Zach, she said that Papa was still not giving up. Nevertheless, she promised that she will find a way for him to accept it. Your Lola Armina also approves of your choice of bride, son." They were all just so happy that the other occupants of the base could not help but wonder what was happening inside the bedroom suite of their Boss Lady. Although the ZING brothers and BING sisters usually hang out on that place, they were a little bit louder that night, but they still could not figure out what was happening because every bedroom suite of their bosses was soundproofed. Kiel, Xian, Yuan and Darren were discussing in their dormitory room. Kiel said, "It seems that our bosses are having fun again." Xian stated, "You should already expect for it, coz the ZING brothers and the BING sisters are altogether again. Their close bond are just so admirable yet enviable." Yuan added, "I don't even wonder anymore of Boss Captain and Boss Lady will end up as a couple one day." Darren, Yuri's son who was also the last player they had signed up as a professional player of their team as soon as he reached eighteen, pointed out, "But about your sister, Kiel? Isn't Boss Captain's marriage pre-arranged already with your sister." Kiel answered, "They both did not want to be married. Our grandfathers are just the ones who are insistent to push through with it. Ate Kelsey is not objecting anymore and just going with the flow because she already has her dream dance academy. As for Boss Captain, he had experienced to many not so good things when Ate was still trying to win him over. My sister has a quick temper. She also has violent tendencies. Boss Captain had experienced to be slapped by her to cover up for people she wanted to hurt, He had also been jabbed continuously by Ate on his chest. My sister even threw a tantrum in his office and almost ruin everything there. So do you still expect that Boss Captain will accept her even if Lolo Delfin wants him to marry my sister?" Xian then asked, "So is it possible that Boss Lady is the current girlfriend of Boss Captain? He already confirmed that his girlfriend is somehow known by everyone at the press conference." Yuan answered, "I don't think so. Miss Ella seems to be in a relationship already with her secret admirer." Darren then asked, "But what if Boss Captain is actually Boss Lady's secret admirer?" Xian pointed, "Then how come he also teases Boss Lady whenever there are deliveries for her from such secret admirer the way all other members of ZING brothers do." Yuan commented, "Well, they look perfect together. As I said I will not wonder if they end up together in the future. They get along so well. They have so many similarities. They might have differences as well but such do not affect their relationship as teammates and friends." Darren affirmed, "That is true. Boss Captain seems to have an icy personality yet he is warm towards Boss Lady and the other members of BING sisters. But Boss Lady is the only one without a boyfriend among the BING sisters coz our other three bosses are their boyfriends." Kiel assumed, "Then if that happens, every member of ZING brothers will have a partner among the BING sisters." Yuan agreed, "Yes! That is just so cool! The God and the Goddess of of Cyber Wars, Blitz, and Battlefield ending up together for real!" In Kiel's mind – Yeah. That is cool. But I still hope that they will not end up together. I like Boss Lady a lot, so I hope that I will still have a chance with her. But I still want to prove myself first as an e-sports player next year when they are already retired. I want to prove that I can lead the team to the championship even if they are not playing anymore. Then perhaps I will be more confident to woo her. But if she is already Boss Captain's girlfriend, then I am in no way capable of competing against him. He is already a well-accomplished businessman and the best player in the league. He and Boss Lady have been able to maintain their World Rankings up to now. They still play exceptionally well, that even if the three players playing with them has been changing every now and then, they can still carry the entire team to victory. They are the undefeated power duo of D' ZINGERS. I don't even think that I can measure up to the accomplishments of Boss Captain as a professional e-sports player, so what more as a man. So let me be selfish in wishing that they don't end up together. Anyway, Boss Lady just turned twenty-two. She's also just graduated so having a boyfriend might not be in her mind yet. She is just starting her online publishing company and she still has to join the team and play before she retires with the ZING brothers.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD